Monday, October 22, 2012

October


I’m happy with my life right now. After a month of exhausting work, travels, packing, laundering, waking up early, and being at my mental and emotional best, and not to mention additional stress on the family front, this October is turning out to be my best month. Or should I not say that so as not to jinx it?

But, really, I’ve been very grateful and humbled by the experiences I’m having this month. It started with a week-long rest when my friends and I headed to Boracay for the third time. It was planned as early as this year and I can say that it’s the best trip we’ve had so far. It was just relaxing. The first day saw us having lunch as we have arrived a little too early before our check-in time. We proceeded to rest and I began with my book (Life of Pi) under the shade of the coconut tree with the view of Boracay beach with people lazily passing by. It was just perfect. It was so perfect that I did it again in the next few days. We also played beach volleyball with the locals, who seemed to be doing it every day as they were really quick on the sand.  The weather was perfect – not too hot, and definitely not raining. It was like five in the afternoon for five straight hours. This also continued for the remaining days of our stay. In fact, on the third day, they were waiting outside the hotel and invited us to play with them the next morning. They were competitive. Well probably because we beat them in their own turf the day before. And the next few games, actually. HAHA!
The fact that the signal in Boracay was really bad, added more pleasure to our stay there. Well at least for me. I only had a few calls from the office and that was that. Sometimes, as much as I love what I do, I just need to get away from it all. Clear my head and stop and smell the flowers. Besides, all the traveling the month before, with so little time to enjoy the places I was in, made me decide to just stop and enjoy what is in front of me. And that is exactly what I did.

My body ached all over from all the physical activities we did in Boracay. My body actually hasn’t recovered from all the exhaustion it felt the month prior but this time, it was a good kind of ache. I even injured myself while on the beach, but it was never an issue for me. I was jumping and running still, even after the blister on my foot.
The next few days, I just spent at home either reading or sleeping. I felt this was just what my body – what my mind and spirit – needed.

It was also in the same week that I was able to see, for the very first time, a Broadway production. We watched Phantom of the Opera and up until now, I have no words for it. It just took my breath away. Jonathan Roxmouth, who played Phantom, did exceptionally well that his line, “… Anywhere you go, let me go, too…” is stuck in my head for days on end.  I paid more than what I was planning to spend for but it was so worth it.

It’s also just last week  that I got a surprise call from somewhere. I might share something about it later on, if it goes well.

But yeah, this month is turning to be the most awesome month ever. I’m keeping my fingers crossed up until my birthday – the last hurrah of my twenties.

PS - Life of Pi was great. The ending reduced me to tears.
PPS - I might add some photos later on.

Ciao!

No comments: