Thursday, February 19, 2009

my boulevard



perhaps one of the most scenic and most photographed spots in dumaguete is the rizal boulevard. as i always say, you have never been to dumaguete if you haven't strolled along its famous stone-laden path.

in the many years i've come back and walked on its familiar pathway, the placid giants that is the acacia trees always seem to cradle me in its arms. the placid lapping of the sea against the clear grey sand invites me closer to its embrace. so familiar and so warm was the feeling that it has slowly etched itself into my being.



tonight is different. the great cosmos must have seen my restless heart and in pity, laid out the most beautiful blanket of stars and sent out the laughing amber moon. from the horizon, where i cast my eyes, the moon is evidently generous. she instinctively paved a road of dancing amber cyrstals on the sleepy waters of the south down to the tips of my toes -- inviting me closer, drawing me nearer.

i almost laughed with her so as not to disappoint her. because for the many moments of gloom that i've come to her, she has never failed to console me -- always leaving my soul enraptured.

tonight, as i sit along its tree-lined benches, a familiar scent wafted into the air. i searched for its origin and yet another familiar gaze caught my eyes. it was deep and endearing, enthralling and ravishing.
my lips quivered and a slient smile slowly broke into and through it.

and there you were -- my manna from heaven, my gift from the universe.

the moon, obviously satisfied, carefully made her way beyond the clouds and brought with her my beautiful blanket of stars.

it was such a lovely moment after that. then i realized this is mine.

the boulevard is mine.


* 500th post *

No comments: