Monday, December 8, 2008

yet another dental escapade

so right after i woke up, i went to the dentist for a check-up on my molars. as previously mentioned, i've been experiencing hell-like pain for almost four days now and it has been tormenting me eversince. so, i've been really looking forward to this morning for i imagine the next years of living my life dental-pain-free.

now, here's the catch: as per my dentist's findings (x-ray and physical check-up) there should not be any problem because my scan's clean. she did find translucence in the x-ray but it was not with molar i (might) have been complaining about. now i've got to endure the pain for a week more because i've got to observe and pinpoint exactly where the pain lies.

i talked to her about all the things that we can do and as i expected there are two: a complete extraction of the aching tooth or a root canal procedure for the three nerves to preserve my tooth. of course, my primary concern is the cost. hello, i wouldn't wanna spend another thirty grand for teeth *cringes, shivers* hell no.
so it's extraction which roughly costs five thousand and that includes the filler so that my teeth won't move or a root canal which would preserve my tooth but would cost twice as that.

dillema, dillema, dillema.

i also told her about everything i did with and took for my pain and i asked if there is something stronger than ponstan. she prescribed flanax. now this is what would kill me -- the waiting part.

goodluck to me.

dear lord, please spare me this one. please...

No comments: