Sunday, January 13, 2008

sunday 10 a.m.

i have a whole lot of reasons why i shouldn't be feeling great right now. i have a whole lot of ways to not feel anything other than being sad and lonely. i have a whole lot of them, believe me.

but this morning is just great. i woke up without feeling tired or sleep deprived. the sun is shining like crazy. my dog didn't pee on the floor. the weather is perfect. the house is clean. the coffee i made felt nice running through my throat - sending the electric caffeine all over the nooks and crannies of my body. and even if i used my last fag while having coffee, i felt fine.

for the first time in a few months, i felt... alive.

because this lazy sunday morning, amidst all the reasons that i have and the feelings i unintentionally cultivated for the past couple of days, even just for this day, i choose to be happy.

GOOD MORNING!

No comments: