Thursday, November 15, 2007

i walked through streets today
amidst the pulse of the crowd
the constant buzz all around
the rain won't stop

i see through people's eyes
they were empty, what a pity
not a flicker of light, not a soul
and the rain won't stop

i run though the floods
i run through the cold
slowly, steadily, it catches me inside
and i know

the rain won't stop
and i cry a little each time
my tears wouldn't dry
and i die on every raindrop
tell me, who feels fine

i saw us dancing today
i know i saw us fly
through the gushing winds
the raging storms
oh, the rain won't stop

the rain won't stop
as we both shared love
it was starless that night
so you went and took flight

who wants make believe?
i thought you too want it real
wouldn't you just agree
just to please be with me.

will the rain ever stop
as my tears hide from each drop

so i'll pray each time,
that the rain won't stop.

____

No comments: