Sunday, June 11, 2006

one eerie sunday late afternoon in ayala avenue

one eerie sunday late afternoon in ayala avenue

i just got out of the office when i told my friend "my god, this looks eerie..."

ayala avenue was not bustling with people, hot, and fuming with pollution. it was, in fact, empty, clean, dark and damp cold. it was just after the rain, i know. but the place looks so gloomy.

while my friend and i were walking towards the bus stop, there were no beggars and children asking me for spares. it felt like being in the scene of a tom cruise movie, vanilla skies. only, i am in makati - philippines' manhattan.

as we rode the jeepney, i could not help feeling gloomy, too. and when we went down towards another bus stop, my friend asked me "why the hell are you frowning?"

"i don't know," i said, "it's this day."

ayun, tapos pag uwi ko mejo mabigat na rin ang pakiramdam ko.