Sunday, July 4, 2004

to the last person...

.. and the first will be the last, and the last will be the first...

you were the last person
i ever thought of running to
to finally say what my heart
longs to say for the longest time

you were the last person
whom i thought would listen
to the inner yearnings of my heart

you were the last person
among my circle of friends
whom i confided
my deepest, darkest secrets

but just yesterday i knew
the last person on my list
you were not
although you were the last person
i would expect
for me to vent all my frustrations
you were the first one to come along
the first one to hear me all
the first one to tell me
"its okay, my friend
i've got you all covered
so that no wind, storm, rain
or even the mightiest whirlwind
can harm you
lest give you a scratch"

for the last person i ever thought
of running to
for the last person i ever thought
of crying my heart out
for the last person i ever thought
of confiding my soul
you are the first to come for help
you are the first to hear my pain
you are the first to see my worries
you wiped them all away
for the last person i ever thought of
in my heart you will now be
at the top of my list

No comments: