Monday, September 12, 2011

To my lover

You, whose face I haven’t set my eyes on

Whose eyes bear the strength of the tiger’s

And the seeming innocence of a child's,

Look upon the lines of my face

The crow’s feet that

Stretches into my temples –

Eyes that were once

In hopeful anticipation

Of you.

And the old laugh lines beside

My mouth that has grown

Weary, and tired, and wasted.


You, whose gentle slope of the shoulders

Ironically, radiates permanence,

For a minute, feel my arms

Down to my fingertips

Its strength now uncertain

Now suspicious.

Of nothing

Of everything.


You, whose hair so badly I want to get a whiff of

Even just for a moment –

Just a fraction of eternity

To run my fingers down to your neck

And pull you in

For just a fleeting, maybe

Stolen

Kiss.

Wrap me, too, in your embrace

Until I memorize the feeling of

Your mysterious hand through my knowing hand.

I shall become you

And you shall become me,

And us, one.


You, whom I have not seen,

Whose hands I have memorized,

Whose kiss I have tasted,

Whose eyes, I have only imagined,

Find me.


.

No comments: