Thursday, April 14, 2011

randomness

Found this on the beach.

Funny conversation:

Me: “Miss, where can I buy bottled water?”

Staff: “ Sir you can buy it in Meaty Mart.”

Me: “Is it far?”

Staff: “No sir, just a few meters away from the hotel. You can also try Sweet and Sassy.”

Me: “Okay, thank you!”

Ten minutes and a tricycle ride after, a sign greeted me: Mighty Mart Grocery

Overheard in the gym:

Guy 1: “Pare kanina ka pa text ng text dyan eh, buhat na!”

Guy 2: (Walks toward the equipment, still texting) “Teka pare, pera ‘to eh… Aanhin ko ang magandang katawan kung wala naman akong pamasahe bukas.”

Hahaha, nahulog ko tuloy yung buhat ko.

_____

The God of Small Things... like reading

I can't finish my book. Ugh. It's a bit harder than I thought. And I thought it's gonna be another fast read. Wrong. There are some parts of the book that read like a normal narrative. Then suddenly, without warning, it changes, as to how to call it, I don't know. The only thing I know is that it changes. Quite frequently. And that's where I become blank. It's just after reading two pages more that I'll notice that it just doesn't make sense to me. So I go back all over again. I can just put it down and read another book, but I don't want to lose whatever patience momentum patience I still have left. The last time I did that, I never went back to read the book again.

So there. I hope I finally finish this na. It's been a month already for a book that's not that thick.


ciao!


No comments: