Saturday, June 13, 2009

ER: part II

730am -- made tea with milk. i just made the tea and poured the newly opened carton of milk in it. i let it stand for while and had my first sip after. my tea tasted weird so i looked at the expiration date on the carton -- it's next year. so i tried to smell the milk and it was already spoiled. i threw the carton of milk and left my cup of tea on the sink.

i went to work worried about having an upset stomach because of it. but up until lunch time, my tummy was doing fine.

130pm -- lunch time. we're having a conference that day and we had catered food and it was really good. since it was good, i hit on my "gluttony mode." i ate all the food they have and even went back for another serving. i also had dessert and some of tin's yoghurt, as well.

200pm -- i was stuffed. the feeling was that of having been into an eat-all-you-can buffet.

230pm -- i am still stuffed. my back was already aching while working for the conference because i don't know what position to take to ease my tummy.

300pm -- still stuffed. so i went down to the drugstore to buy medicine because i already think i'm having indigestion. while walking i can literally feel the bulge in my stomach with each step i take. while i was lining up, i'm already sweating.

330pm -- i was back in the office and i was still finding the best position to ease my tummy. i tried standing up, sitting down, leaning back, and pacing around but still, i'm sweating and my arms and my legs are beginning to get numb.

330pm onwards -- i just sprawled myself on the chair and layed my head back. my back was already aching because of my position and my stomach is in terrible pain. i was just breaking in sweats and i just can't move myself. my arms and legs are still numb. i even had difficulty talking. the pain was something like i'm having my insides pushed, pulled, and twisted around. =(

530pm -- my officemates went inside and were already wrapping up for the conference and i was just there with my fly open so i can breathe a little better and i gave no flying fuck when they saw me like that. i asked my officemate to drop me near my place instead because i can no longer stand let alone walk properly.

fast forward to 830pm because of the traffic in makati -- i got home. i forced myself to vomit. i barfed every little morsel i had for lunch. i waited a bit until i can no longer take the pain. i decided to go to makati med and packed my stuff in my backpack just in case.

i have no idea how i got out of the house and was able to hail a cab. all i knew was that i was literally writhing in pain and had two of my arms wrapped around my tummy.

thing is, when i got in the ER, i still had to fall in line. i had no choice even if i wanted to scream at the nurses attending the reception.

after almost collapsing on the floor, i finally had a doctor check on me. the finding? hyperfuckingacidity. jeeze!!! hyperacidity?!?! all that pain for HYPERACIDITY?!?!

the nurse injected me with the biggest syringe i've seen. it took her almost 5 minutes to completely finish one and injected me with another one and another one. she asked me to wait for an hour to see if the meds worked. and it did, thank god.

luckily, i didn't pay anything for that because it was covered by my HMO card. again, THANK GOD.

------

the whole point of this is:
1. check the milk first before drinking it or putting it into anything.
2. do not overeat.
3. do not overeat.
4. do not overeat.
5. it's hard to be in that situation especially if you are alone in the house.

------

that's it. i've learned my lessons.

No comments: