Thursday, August 14, 2008

flavors of entanglement

because music is my saviour and alanis is a demi-god with india arie as her headpiece and mika, her jester, i give you life in cartoon motion with flavors of entanglement, and you know that's the heart of the matter.
(turn off my site's sound on the right panel)



I've been learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning them again
I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
-- the heart of the matter

Moratorium - Alanis Morissette

I've never let my grasp soften fingers like this...
I declare a moratorium on things relationship
I declare a respite from the toils of liaison
I do need a breather from the flavors of entanglement
I declare a full time out from all things commitment
-- moratorium


These versions of violence
Sometimes subtle sometimes clear
And the ones that go unnoticed
Still leave their mark once disappeared
-- versions of violence


Day one, day one
Start over again
Step one, step one
I'm barely making sense
For now I'm faking it
'Til I'm pseudo-making it
From scratch, begin again
But this time I as "I"
And not as "we"
-- not as we



am dancing with my friends in elation
We’ve taken adventures to new levels of fun
I can feel the bones are smiling in my body
I can see the meltings of inhibition
Oh this state of ecstasy
Nothing but road could ever give to me
This liberty wind in my face
And I’m giggling again for no reason
-- giggling for no reason



I am someone easy to leave
Even easier to forget
A voice, If inaccurate
Again, I’m the one they all run from
Diatribes of clouded Sun
Someone help me find the pause Button
-- tapes



One day I'll find relief
I'll be arrived
And I'll be friend to my friends who know how to be friends
One day I'll be at peace
I'll be enlightened and I'll be married with children and maybe adopt
One day I will be healed
I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy
-- incomplete



These are things that I miss
These are not times for the weak of heart
These are the days of raw despondence
I never dreamed I would have to lay down my torch for you like this
-- torch


Cos it's all in the hands of a bitter, bitter man
Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in
Take a bow, play the part of a lonely lonely heart
Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in
To the world you thought you lived in
-- any other world



Don't let the stars get you down.
Don't let the waves let you drown.
Brown...Oh Billy Brown.
Gonna pick you up like a paper cup.
Gonna shake the water out of every nook.
Oh Billy Brown.
-- billy brown


This is the way you left me,
I'm not pretending.
No hope, no love, no glory,
No Happy Ending.
This is the way that we love,
Like it's forever.
Then live the rest of our life,
But not together...
This is the hardest story that I've ever told
No hope, or love, or glory
Happy endings gone forever more
I feel as if I'm wasted
And I'm wastin' every day

-- happy endings


'Cause I don't care if I ever talk to you again.
This is not about emotion,
I don't need a reason not to care what you say,
Or what happened in the end.
This is my interpretation,
And it don't, don't make sense.
-- my interpretation

flavors of entanglement is alanis' newest album after her breakup from ryan reynolds. it's not the alanis i'm used to - with some electric and synth tracks (moratorium). rather, this album speaks more of (her) grief than angst.
life in cartoon motion left me speechless because it was one of the most played albums in my ipod. but it is just this week that i actually "heard" the songs' lyrics. it baffled me, but after a few seconds of disbelief, i loved it even more.
india arie is india arie. this is a cover, though, of don henley's (eagles) song. but i like her version better.

ciao!


No comments: