Monday, July 28, 2008

of endings, realizations, and looking back

i've reached the end. the countdown is complete. 'twas nothing short of a miracle that i was able to manage myself throughout that countdown. counting backwards is easy. you begin with a certain number and you end up in the absolute zero. i'm not sure though if i should start counting again from zero -- which we know has an infinite ending.

lucky seven, ikaw ba yan?

========================

Somewhere between the hours of wake and lalaland, a friend made me realize something that I think I’ve already known before -- things will never be the same again, period. I was bruised and in pain, battered and broken, hopeful and destroyed, assuming and in denial that I was either too naïve or jaded to actually see it. However, as truthful and as painful as it may sound, I still have my history to (not hold on to, but) look back to. He made me realize that what I had was something so beautiful and no person, orc, mutant, or mongrel can take it away from me. It was something pure, personal, and something just… beautiful! I just needed that special lens to view it in that perspective.

We discussed a lot of things that, when I replay everything in my mind, I also realized that I needed to say things out loud for it to be real and I be reassured.

Basta, in that conversation, I was able to look for the missing pieces and it just needs me to make sure that everything fits perfectly.

Thank you for that, my friend.


ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

orc talaga? lol.

|| manokchicken || said...

oo orc siya talaga lolz =P