Monday, April 28, 2008

open wide

dentist nightmare part II

"if it ain't aching, don't fix it. you're gonna be just fine."

that's my newly acquired motto with regard to visiting the dentist. i thought spending 20k right off the bat two weeks ago was too much. (i went there with just the goal of having my teeth cleaned of nicotine stains and avail of my medical benefit of two light-cures and free prophylaxis)

i just came home from my second visit to the dentist. let's rewind. i had a 1:30 appointment. but the assistant texted me and told me that my appointment was moved to 2:30. fine. so i was there 2:30 - no dentist, yet. ok so i sat down and waited. 3:00, no dentist still. alright so she's late. 3:30, i am now hungry since i haven't taken my lunch yet and still no dentist was in sight. so i went down to grab something to eat. 4:00 the assistant told me that the dentist is "on her way."
4:15 i finally met the dentist. only, he is not a she. he was not the dentist i was supposed to see.

dentist: "bryan? hi!"
me: "uhh yes. is doctor *bleep* coming in?"
dentist: "uh no, i'm gonna be your dentist today. she's my wife."
me: "(what?!?!) umm ok."
dentist: "please sit, it's just now that i'm seeing your impress, no. so... (pauses and looks at my teeth impress) hmmm... (scrutinizes the impress more, pauses) nako!"
me: "..."
dentist: "you have a lot of things to fix"
me: "yes, i know"
dentist: "so i believe everything is paid for already? i just have to finish this?"
me: *grimaces* yes.

so the dentist went on telling and showing me the crown my first dentist had done. "perfect!" i told myself. then he went on saying "BUT..." then i go, "OH NO" in my head.
"you see," he goes on as he demonstrates on the impress of my teeth, "if i place this crown now, i'm worried that this might not work. because you're previous root canal is too deep and i have to check it out first. the crown might just break. so i have to put a post first."
and i told the dentist that i was not made aware of it by his wife. and he went on saying what my first dentist told me, that i need to have braces. i told him that i cannot afford braces now and we should just focus on what has been already started. because frankly, i told him, paying 20k in one go has already put a huge hole in my wallet. so he finally agreed and started on doing my pasta.
of course, as with all the dentist, they will literally go through the lengths of being good actors with exclamations such as "oh my god... this is really bad!" and "you should really consider what i'm telling you. in fact, you need an operation already."

gawd! yeah right.

i did not mind anything that he's saying, to be honest. because all i can hear is the ka-ching of the cash register everytime. and it sickens me.

fast forward. after two pasta's, my second dentist told me that we'll do the rest on our next meeting. i swear to god i just wanted to explode. i mean i was actually planning this visit to be my last already because for the coming weeks, i'll be busy with work. now i have to go back at least three times. with my schedule, i have to really stretch myself twice over just to get this thing done and over with.

worse: my second dentist told me that my first dentist (his wife) missed counting one pasta i had. so i had to pay another 800.
worst: he did the liberty of putting medicine on two of my pasta for today. great right? but no. it cost me 450 a pop. and i had two. so motherfuckinshitputangenangasshole diba?!?!?!

in this yet another long rant-post, my point is, never, NEVER go to the dentist if you don't feel anything. as they say, "if it's not broken, don't fix it."

matapos lang 'to, and i swear i'm done with dentists. the only time i'll be seeing them is for prophylaxis and some serious dental emergencies. period.

open your wallet wiiiiiiddeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: