Friday, January 20, 2006

reality bite number something

reality bite number something

ok. so i guess i have to face reality that i'm never gonna get the camera i just posted yesterday. boohoo. mom called me early today (was it? i have no sense of time when i'm sleeping) and she was all panicky about the costs of being here in manila.

me: uhh helloh...
mom: (panicking) bryan! is the phone broken?
me: yeah, i told you that already.
mom: oh. DID YOU KNOW THAT I WILL BE SPENDING 20 GRAND IN PLANE FARE ALONE?
me: uhh no..
mom: WELL I AM. .......
(she continues to panic and somehow shouts in mid-sentences to punctuate her panic-ness/ment)

at this point, i was unintentionally slowly going back to sleep. at which she said:

mom: so about that hotel thing... i think jamie and i are gonna have to sleep there for a night.

PANIC!
ON MY PART.


i seriously got awoken by that statement.

me: here?! ..... WHY?!
mom: to cut costs. it's just a night. well, is the house clean?
me: uh-huh (LIE)... well, there's the kitchen...
mom: clean up then.
me: did you see my house in the pictures? it would be horrible for jamie to even step foot inside my house. he might get culture shocked. (well just MY culture)
mom: just clean the house... uhhh...

and then i don't remember what we talked about next but i'm sure that she said that the antipolo thing is not gonna happen anymore and that... what else.. that's all i remember.

dang. the camera. my dream. my career. my LIFE!
and i exaggerate only a bit.

ciao!